Fountain House Bronx reduces the devastating impact of mental illness. Every day, members choose to come to Fountain House Bronx to learn new skills, access opportunities, and form friendships. As partners, members and staff operate our programs and perform all the functions that keep our community going. Our activities and programs are designed to provide opportunities and, at the same time, produce the desire and confidence to pursue them. Working together, we create a culture that transforms lives.
To be eligible for membership an applicant must
- Be interested in attending Fountain House Bronx, as membership is voluntary
- Have a primary presenting problem associated with severe and persistent mental illness
- Be able to get to Fountain House Bronx
- Not pose a threat to our community
- Be at least 16 years of age
How to apply:
To apply, please submit the following documents to the Membership Office:
- A Fountain House Membership Application and supplementary substance abuse questionnaire (included at the end of application)
- A detailed psychosocial summary, current or updated within last 90 days
- A detailed psychiatric assessment, current or updated within last 90 days, signed off by an MD and/or Nurse Practitioner
- Copies of all Health Insurance cards
You may apply online through our secure encrypted form or by mail/fax with our printable application.
If you have any questions or if you prefer to receive the application by mail, please contact the Membership Office at (718) 742- 9884 ext. 18.
Applications may be sent via fax to (718) 742 - 9867 or mailed to:
Fountain House Bronx
564 Walton Avenue
Bronx, NY 10451
Please mark all application materials Attention: Membership Office.
Home and Community Based Services (HCBS)
When referring for Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) at Fountain House please mail level of Service Determination, Eligibility Summary, along with a Plan of Care (POC) to Nicole Pickett, MSEd, Director of Managed Care Relations via fax, (212) 582-9869 or to the Fountain House address above, Attn: Nicole Pickett. If you have questions about HCBS at Fountain House, please call (212) 582-3155.